Monday, June 25, 2007

SHIZER SANITIZER



6/24: A few days have passed since we last spoke about our potty issues in the “Beast”, so plug your noses again. In order to honor a previous pledge to a friend, I feel obligated to share the joy of my daily ritual…RV waste removal. (This one’s for you Kenny G.)

What better way to spend your morning, than cleaning out the crapper (debate still exists whether Thomas Crapper [1836-1910] - invented the flushing toilet, but his patent for the ‘symphonic flush’ remains uncontested). Diaper duty for Whitney, and now Hayley did little to prepare me for the vital soil cleansing duties needed for our RV adventure. The precision of a surgeon is required, as can be seen from my protective gear. From the layman’s view the mechanics appear straightforward, but the reality is that one false move can prove lethal. Behind the curtains of the brown hose (appropriately colored and shown above), lies pulleys, pumps, valves, black and grey water meters, sewage caps and more. Fortunately the nervous adrenaline along with the brisk stench, which acts as a smelling salt, has kept me on my ‘A’ game - thus preventing any major misstep from occurring. You can ask Robin about the infamous Day Three incident offline. After all is said and done, and the sweet gurgling sound of expulsion is heard, I then know my mission has been accomplished.

I’m now pooped out from talking about this subject, so if you want any more details you can contact me when I get back. There you go Ken, my obligation has now been fulfilled.

1 comment:

Poppa and Grandma said...

Wade,we are still holding our stomachs from laughing so hard about your "dumping" episode. We gotta admit that's much better than what you are holding.